As a ministry to 18-30 year olds, the young adults meet with the purpose of mutual encouragement and edification in the Word of God, prayer, and fellowship that they may be sanctified in the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. To faithfully teach the Word of God: The Word of God is God’s objective (2 Peter 2:20-21), written Revelation to man (2 Thessalonians 2:13, 1 Corinthians 2:13), inspired in every word, absolutely inerrant, infallible, and God-breathed, fully sufficient and profitable for all of life’s circumstances (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12, Romans 15:4). We are commanded to faithfully teach the truth of the Word of God in love (2 Timothy 2:14-16, 4:1-2, Ephesians 4:15-16, Matthew 28:18-20, Colossians 3:16, Exodus 18:20).
2. To encourage and exhort one another, and to develop the discipline of personal prayer and time in the Word of God: Prayer is the deliberate act of direct communion with God and is absolutely essential to developing and sustaining a personal relationship with God (Psalm 145:18). Believers are commanded to pray (Matthew 26:41, Philippians 4:6, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, Ephesians 6:18, Matthew 5:44); and the Word of God clearly demonstrates the power of prayer (Joshua 10:12-14, Exodus 14:13-18, 1 Kings 18:36-39, 2 Kings 19, Acts 12:5-10). God answers all prayer, and looks with particular favor upon prayer that aligns with His will – which is evident as expressed in His Word (1 John 5:14-15, Mark 11:24, Matthew 7:7-8, Matthew 21:22, John 14:13-14). God reveals Himself and His will for our lives by His Word through His Son Jesus Christ (Hebrews 1:1-4, John 1:1-14). As believers we must sustain ourselves with a regular diet of God’s Word and prayer (Deuteronomy 8:3-4, Psalm 1:1-3, Psalm 119:9-11) so that we may attain God’s decretive will, the sanctification of our lives (1 Thessalonians 4:1-8, John 17:13-20, 2 Peter 1:3-5).
3. To build one another up in the faith through fellowship and bear each other’s burdens: Christ centered fellowship is indispensable (Hebrews 10:24-27, 1 John 1:5-7) to our encouragement as we pursue Christlikeness. The Biblical model for fellowship includes corporate prayer (James 5:14-16, Jude 20-21), supporting one another through challenging circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:11-14, Colossians 3:13, 1 Corinthians 12:25-26, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12), serving one another and the church (1 Peter 4:8-11, Romans 12:3-13), and admonishing one another when we sin (Galatians 6:1-3, Matthew 18:15-18).
The book of 1 John starting Thursday September 19th.
The “Harbor” (3634 W F St, Bremerton, WA 98312) one block to the east of the church sanctuary every Thursday evening from 6:30-8:00.
1. 45 minutes of teaching
2. 20 minutes of group prayer separated into
groups of men and women and focused on heart
3. Fellowship before and after.